Cadbury New Biscuitsx
Cadbury New Biscuits
Clear Channel Outdoor
Consumer Packaged Goods
- Burton’s Foods decided to launch an entirely new type of biscuit into an already crowded market place.
- The challenge was to create standout in the biscuit category where 85% of spend is on TV.
- The campaign needed to encourage product trial, as well as signalling that this was a unique and different product.
- Research showed that to have a genuine impact on our audiences’ decision to purchase biscuits, we had to get into their daily routine by reaching then where they lived, worked and shopped.
Strategy and Media Used:
- An “outdoor only strategy” was employed using a wide range of outdoor formats including digital, in key environments such as roadside, underground and points of sale in order to give the presence and stand out required.
- Billboards were used across London in order to elevate Cadbury Biscuits and appeal to people’s aspirations.
- A national backbone of 5,500 roadside and pedestrian 6 sheets were employed to ensure coverage of the UK market (reaching 80% of the population).
- Point of sale activity with four key UK supermarkets retailers – Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Morrisons and Asda.
- 2nd biggest grocery product launch of 2010.
- In less than one year, Cadbury’s Biscuit sales reached £15.2 million
- Named The Grocer magazine’s “top biscuit launch” of 2010
- Highly commended at the Clear Channel / Brand Republic Outdoor Planning Awards 2011 for the best use of multiple formats in outdoor