Governed by Manitoba Election Finances Act
- Election Period: The period commencing on the date of issue of a writ or writs for an election and ending on polling day for that election.
- Advertising: Advertising in any broadcast, print or electronic medium that promotes or opposes a registered political party or the election of a candidate.
- Advertising rates
During an election period, no person shall charge a registered political party, constituency association or candidate, or an individual acting with the consent of any of them, a rate for advertising that exceeds the lowest rate the person charges anyone else for the same amount of equivalent advertising space or time during that period.
- The person responsible for authorizing an advertisement must ensure that the authorization is:
- printed on the advertisement
- announced or shown with the advertisement, if the advertisement appears on radio or television or any other electronic medium
For the complete Act, visit:
Amendments current as of December 2016
Date of COMMB update: January 2017